Saturday, May 16, 2009

Comes To My House

Comes To My House
My son has encouraged me to start a blog for years and share what it is I share with many of my friends on an ongoing basis. Both he and my daughter believe I have something to share with others. So here it is. My Blog.My two Aunties Aurelia Reddest and Eunice Larrabee had similar Indian names. My Aunt Aurelia's was "They Come To See Her" and my Aunt Euncie's was "Comes To Her House". In honor of both of these women who meant so much to me and influenced who I am - I've named this blog "Comes To My House". The idea is to encourage people to come to this blog as a place to visit and see what I have to say about subjects I'm interested in sharing. It will be a place to come and share your thoughts and ideas about subjects that are of interest to you. The idea is to have a place I'm describing as follows: An American Indian Humanities blog that deals with art, history, poetry, philosophy, politics, personal stories and everyday home life of a Lakota Grandmother.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog, Mary. It looks great! I look forward to reading your stories.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete